The client operates a US based career development training center and has been in the training sector for over 20 years. The project involved the delivery of a portal which will help the ainstructors to sell courses and manage their accounts and payments recievable, through third party software’s like Infusion.
Project objectives involved the creation of a turkey solution that will help the public to buy courses through online website from various renowned authors and trainers around the world, manage sign on courses, and also take skill tests to monitor performance thorugh a learning assessment tool.
The client needed a unified learning system which had the capabilities of both – a Learning Management System (for desktop delivery) and a Mobile Learning Platform (for mobile delivery).
Given the large network of independent trainers and student-user groups, one of the biggest challenges faced by the client was managing both their trainers & students effectively, fostering increased communication between both groups, and delivering career development training material seamlessly online.
A complete solution was provided which offered users a unified experience for course management, content delivery, reporting and assessments both the Learning Management System (desktop) or the mobile learning platform (mobile device).
Instructors were also provided a friendly dashboard for preparation & management of course material and skill assessment tests.
Students were provided a messaging system to communicate with instructors on the website. In addition to subscribing to media rich courses, users were also able to take tests associated with modules of each course to gauge understanding and for self-assessment. Students were also provided the option to review courses and instructors on the portal.
Specific security measures were adopted for the payment section so that the users can easily make the payment for courses online through net banking or by using any credit cards.
- Centralized system for eLearning delivery across desktop and mobile channels.
- Complete solution allowed the client to manage their in-house trainers as well as external training providers with ease.
- Seamless integration with Infusion Soft allowed client to maintain all previous user records & payment histories. Additionally, all billing done directly through Infusion allowed for easier management of payments receivables and payments due to external trainers.
- Easy Course Management module which allowed the client to effectively manage course content, duration, and payment structures.
- Self-assessment capabilities for students at the end of a course.
- Timely Communication.
- Unification of various content types eg. Documents, Worksheets, Templates, Audios, Videos, Surveys etc.
- Web Portal Development
- Drupal 7 - PHP/MySQL
- HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS